Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I am alive (mostly)!!

I apologize to those of you who have not yet received my Christmas letter. Working over the holidays while actually having a holiday has made it difficult to find time to use the internet, and so all of your addresses and Facebook notes have not been sorted through yet at this time. I am happy to report that so far I am having a much better January than usual. Despite the normal trouble with the lack of sun and cold, Cornerstone and my friends have been keeping me busy so I've had no time to go off and mope by myself. Worship choir has officially started for the year, Karin is going to come shopping with Jessie and I, the Ravens and the Steelers play each other this Sunday, the Inauguration is coming, the New Membership class starts in two weeks, and the Underground go on retreat in three. I am most happily exhausted.

Its also getting to be around that time for me to think about training for softball. My small stint of scrubbing fish tanks lately has me convinced that my stamina needs a serious boost. Unfortunately I'm a totally wuss when it comes to running outdoors and I have no money for a gym membership, so I'm trying to get creative. Anyone have any bright ideas out there?

The coworkers are slowly returning to the US after spending the holidays overseas. Masato came back very cheerful for a man with jetlag from Japan and 3 weeks of caring for the kids all by himself over there. I take it that the family was doing well. Spela should be flying in today, so hopefully we will see her tomorrow. Bill made a short jaunt to Woods Hole, but for the most part has been in the area working on something related to papers, presentations, or the conference we're hosting in March down in Mexico. Its just about time to go visit the bats again! :D

I myself am hoping to take my actual holiday vacation during the first two weeks of February. In typical Parkhurst fashion I'll be spending this week making doctor appointments for that time. Gotta get it done sometime. I also need to go see my dentist and talk about my wisdom teeth. I may have to get them pulled sooner rather than later, no matter how much I think I'd rather keep them.

I've started posting some of the backup of poems I've had on my computer, take some time to peruse them if you like poetry. And the latest flash of Armchair Theology is also below. I've been trying to get them up for a month now, despite the holiday chaos. I hope you enjoy them!

~Amy

No comments: